Friday 3 December 2010

Using the Digital SLR Cameras and Adobe Photoshop CS5...

Me and my partner rented out a couple of cameras, and began experimenting with them in the surrounding area by college.

We took loads of photos, all from different distances and in different lighting conditions, for example - some in the middle of the playground in direct sunlight, and some underneath the shadow of trees.
After we had taken a variety of photographs from outside, we used the photography studio which allows you to alter the lighting conditions accurately for the effect intended.
We played around with this idea of varying light conditions, and hopefully the photographs below all give different feels, simply due to the way the light falls, and most importantly, how much light there is.


After we had all of our photographs taken, I simply put the camera's SD memory card into the computer, and began to sort through them before editing them.

I deleted all of the unwanted photos, such as ones where the focus was out, or the frame wasn't straight.
We then had a handful of interesting photos, which I dragged into Adobe Photoshop and began to airbrush.
I changed the brightness in most of the photos, aswell as the contrast in some.
I also changed the pictures gamma levels, and even messed around with something called "Curves" where you can affect the way in which the light falls on the subject.

I think I was very successful in the editing of these photographs, and I am also alot more confident in using the cameras, therefore I believe I will be more successful when taking my photographs for my Digipak.



No comments:

Post a Comment