Friday 17 December 2010

Final Digipak...

This is my final Digipak.
I am very happy with the outcome, it took alot of experimenting and development to get it to the finished point.
I wanted to go for a modern, crisp, clean approach; I didn't want my Digipak to be swamped with busy pictures and over the top filters which in my opinion would look amateur and rushed.
I tried to go for a style that was bold and sharp, I wanted my Digipak to look precise and smart.

Everything on the Digipak is put in position carefully, the yellow trim is symmetrical on both sides, and I changed the opacity of it so it wouldn't draw the attention from the main images.

I arranged the layers in a way so that the yellow trim overlapped and under lapped certain parts of the Digipak, I also did this on the advertisement.
The reason for the yellow lines running across are not just to give it that little bit of extra detail and order, the lines are supposed to represent the double yellow lines on a road, fitting in with the urban theme of the song and music video.

Each picture has been carefully selected and edited, for example, both the image of the shoe boxes full of money and the backpack full of money took along time to get in the state I wanted. I had to cut them out from the background, I then used individual black lines to draw around the images making them bold & graphic.

I applied the filter "Dry Brush" to the pictures of the young boy, yet I had to adjust the settings so that the effect wasn't overpowering.

I stuck with the original fonts that I downloaded and I believe they worked well.
As you can see I used the close up of the pile of money for the back panel illustration, even this required editing, before I applied detail above it such as the barcode and website.

I was looking on the Internet at Digipaks and I felt the most successful ones were the ones that were bold and rememberable, I think the attention to detail within my digipak, aswell as the conscious decision to keep it tight and modern was the right thing to do as it fits in with the genre of my music.





No comments:

Post a Comment