Friday 10 September 2010

Video Skills Audit

Research
During this course, I have not been interested in doing research towards my work. I have done it, but have found it boring, and have approached half-heartedly.
I prefer not to do extensive research, yet I do a lot of planning still. I prefer to just stick with the chain of ideas in my head, and get on with the task at hand.

I understand that research is a vital part of pre-production, and therefore I plan to develop my research skills.

In order to improve my research skills, I am going to set myself targets, for example, to study twice as many texts/examples as I did last time.

Storyboarding
In my last project, where me and a team re-made a music video by the band Busted, our storyboard was fairly easy to create. We had something to copy, so we could grab images from the original music video itself and drag them into our storyboard.

Whereas on the other hand, when I make my own music video, I will have nothing to work from/copy, as it will be a completely original idea.
Therefore, I will have to either draw or photograph the images myself to go in my storyboard, making this a skill I will need to develop.

Reconnaissance (Recce)
I have never even heard of "recce reports" before today. Therefore, I plan to ask my teacher about them, and to eventually develop my skills in creating Reconnaissance reports; and to become confident in using them within my work.

Sound
I need to improve on my knowledge of sound within filming, I need to learn about the "source of the sound", I also need to research into how to "eliminate noise". Furthermore, I need to look into how to make the character's dialogue loud enough.

Titling
Using titles has never crossed my mind within my work, yet now I realise it would be useful and interesting to incorporate.
In order to develop my knowledge of using titles, I will watch work where titles are used successfully in order to gain some inspiration etc. in how to put titles within my video, effectively and informatively.






No comments:

Post a Comment